Sometimes I get into these very thoughtful moods where I begin to deeply appreciate my life and put things into realistic perspective. I feel appreciative more often than not, but today I felt especially so. I was walking home from work and thought, holy shit,
Don't Doubt Yourself: Step Away from the Facebook News Feed
September 13, 2012 by amanda elsewhere
Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment
Hi! I'm Amanda, a 20-something writer and cubicle dweller constantly on the lookout for the next adventure. Dumping whole paychecks into trips around the world instead of my retirement fund. Have a love/hate (but mostly hate) relationship with Philadelphia. New life challenges: Save 20k & take gap year. Learn Spanish.
One time I wrote a great post about Jurassic Park, you can search for it (or anything else) here:
Ever wish you could be… elsewhere?
Adventure with me.
Next up: GROUNDED DUE TO MEDICAL EMERGENCY
Young & Wild & Broke (the Official Amanda Elsewhere Tumblr)
Follow me on Twitter!
- PS I want to love you Philadelphia, too. But you keep dealing me heartbreak after heartbreak. The longer I'm here, the harder I get. 3 hours ago
- Crying. This could have been written by me. "Love Letters: Pittsburgh huff.to/1ezMUjz via @HuffPostTravel" 3 hours ago
- unbrave girl | The Go Solo Project: How to Eat Out by Yourself Like a Boss unbravegirl.com/2013/12/dining… via @unbravegirl 3 hours ago
- Remember in the late 90s/early 00s how we all wore those sweaters with like the single stripe across the chest? 16 hours ago
- Nightmare Before Christmas is a movie but nightmares before Christmas is a real thing and I experience them every night in December. 17 hours ago
Las Palabras#FriFotos adventure advertisements airfare airports atomic bomb Australia black and white books Brazil Business Travels California challenges Charleston childhood China city life Costa Rica creative nonfiction crime cultural experiences culture shock current events dinosaurs disaster Ecuador George Clooney high school Hiroshima holidays home Hong Kong hurricane India irrelevant Istanbul Jamaica Japan Jurassic Park Kruger Las Vegas list Malaysia Maui Mexico New York City nonfiction novel Paris Philadelphia Photography Pittsburgh planning Portland prison Puerto Rico Quito road trip Santa saving severe weather solo travel South Africa South America squatty potty study abroad Taj Mahal technology The Travel Pact toilet travel travel tips travel writing Vietnam war wishes
2012 Featured Travel Instigator!
Bani Amor on Please stop using this awful t… Beverly Patterson on Haleakalā: Come for the sunris… Haleakalā: Come for… on Whale Watching in Maui with Th… Beverly Patterson on #FriFotos: A Winter evening de… Suzanne Fluhr (Just… on Why we need to care about Ista…
Gold/ Silver/ Bronze Posts